- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI stood staring at a pound of ground beef and wondering what excitement I could create for dinner. It occurred to me that back in the days of being relatively poor my hubby liked the beefy noodle hamburger helper. So I set off to make a copy cat. He even had seconds, this is the recipe from what I remember I did.
- In bowl mix
- 3 cups hot water
- 3 beef bullion cubes or packets
- 2 tbls. dried minced onions
- about 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon vegimite or marmite(optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- fry till brown 1lb ground beef
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Put cooked beef in a pot and add liquid and stir until boiling. Once it has boiled add half a package of egg noodles and cover and cook until the noodles have cooked and the sauce has thickened a bit. Serve with whatever you want but I like a bun so I can soak up the gravy!