- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix (we used Au Jus)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions, divided (we just bought a small onion, chopped it up)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, oil and pepper.
- Press into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are thawed and set.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, cook the beef until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in water, gravy mix and garlic salt.
- Bring to boil; cook & stir for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables; cook & stir for 5 minutes.
- Stir in half of the onions and cheese.
- Pour over potatoes. Bake for 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining onions and cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
NotesThis comes from Taste of Home's Quick Cooking (May/June 2001).
This is very good!
Cole Family Cookbook 2015
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Crockpot Garlic & Brown Sugar Chicken
Sour Cream Apple Squares
My Individual Pineapple Upside DownsSee More