- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix (we used Au Jus)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions, divided (we just bought a small onion, chopped it up)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, oil and pepper.
- Press into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are thawed and set.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, cook the beef until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in water, gravy mix and garlic salt.
- Bring to boil; cook & stir for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables; cook & stir for 5 minutes.
- Stir in half of the onions and cheese.
- Pour over potatoes. Bake for 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining onions and cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
NotesThis comes from Taste of Home's Quick Cooking (May/June 2001).
This is very good!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
The Social Cookbook
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More