- Cooking Time:
- Servings: about 6 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 package (12 oz.) shells and cheese dinner mix (I used Velveeta Shells & Cheese Dinner)
- 2 cups water*
- 1 1/4 cups salsa
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained**
- 1 to 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink and drain.
- Set aside cheese sauce packet from dinner mix; add shells and water to skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in the salsa, beans, chili powder, salt and contents of the cheese sauce packet; remove from the heat and cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
NotesThis recipe comes from a 'Taste Of Home' recipe card booklet that I picked up at the grocery store check-out; it was submitted by Louise Graybiel of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. *I omitted the water and cooked the macaroni separately because I was afraid that it would make it too runny. **I used red kidney beans instead because I couldn't get any black beans (the store was out).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking for a Cure
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con Carne
Tomato Breakfast PuddingSee More