- Cooking Time:
- Servings: about 6 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 package (12 oz.) shells and cheese dinner mix (I used Velveeta Shells & Cheese Dinner)
- 2 cups water*
- 1 1/4 cups salsa
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained**
- 1 to 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink and drain.
- Set aside cheese sauce packet from dinner mix; add shells and water to skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in the salsa, beans, chili powder, salt and contents of the cheese sauce packet; remove from the heat and cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
NotesThis recipe comes from a 'Taste Of Home' recipe card booklet that I picked up at the grocery store check-out; it was submitted by Louise Graybiel of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. *I omitted the water and cooked the macaroni separately because I was afraid that it would make it too runny. **I used red kidney beans instead because I couldn't get any black beans (the store was out).
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Surprisingly VEGANSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More