- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- For the Cinnamon-Caramel Apples:
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 apples (Golden Delicious is recommended), peeled, cored and sliced into ¾-inch-thick wedges
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- For the Waffles:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- ¾ cup beer
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1. To make the Cinnamon-Caramel Apples: Sprinkle the sugar over the bottom of a large skillet and place over medium-high heat. Cook or 4 to 5 minutes, or until the sugar dissolves into an amber-colored caramel syrup, tilting the pan to distribute the sugar evenly, but not stirring. Meanwhile, heat the milk on the stove or in the microwave. Remove the caramelized sugar from the heat, and stir in the warmed milk. Return the pan to the heat, and stir in the apples and cinnamon. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the apples begin to soften and the sauce begins to thicken. Turn off the heat, stir in the lemon juice, and cover to keep warm.
- 2. To make the Waffles: Preheat the waffle iron to your desired setting. Whisk together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Quickly whisk the milk, beer and melted butter into the flour mixture, mixing until it is just mixed (the batter will be lumpy).
- 3. Coat the waffle iron with cooking spray. Spoon the batter into the waffle iron and cook until the waffle is crisp and golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter. Spoon some of the Cinnamon-Caramel Apples over each waffle.
NotesAn unexpected breakfast ingredient, paired with oats, creates wonderfully hearty and savory waffles. Topped with cinnamon-caramel apples, it's a fantastic breakfast (or dinner)!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More