- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c beer (your favorite kind)
- 2 c sifted flour
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 3-6 c cooking oil (depending on the size of your pot and mushrooms)
- 1-2 lb whole fresh mushrooms, cleaned
- Pour about 3 inches (more if needed to cover the mushrooms) of oil into a large pot. Heat oil until it reaches 375.
- Meanwhile, mix beer, flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and parsley in a large bowl. Mix until smooth and well blended without any lumps. Dip mushrooms in batches in oil until crispy and brown. When done drain well on a wire rack. Sprinkle with salt and toss to coat evenly
NotesI prefer to use Killian's Irish Red or Honey Brown for this recipe.
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More