- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c beer (your favorite kind)
- 2 c sifted flour
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 3-6 c cooking oil (depending on the size of your pot and mushrooms)
- 1-2 lb whole fresh mushrooms, cleaned
- Pour about 3 inches (more if needed to cover the mushrooms) of oil into a large pot. Heat oil until it reaches 375.
- Meanwhile, mix beer, flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and parsley in a large bowl. Mix until smooth and well blended without any lumps. Dip mushrooms in batches in oil until crispy and brown. When done drain well on a wire rack. Sprinkle with salt and toss to coat evenly
NotesI prefer to use Killian's Irish Red or Honey Brown for this recipe.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Diabetic Ramen Soup
Super Seedy FlapjackSee More