- Cooking Time: approx 10 minutes
- Preparation Time: 2 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest (I never have it, so I never use it)
- 1 cup beer
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan (I use an electric skillet) until it reaches 375 degrees F.
- Whisk together flour, salt, pepper lemon and zest in a bowl until combined. Add beer and whisk ingredients until smooth.
- Dip asparagus in batter to coat. Remove excess batter before frying. Gently transfer battered asparagus to oil and fry until golden. Stir gently to prevent asparagus from sticking together. Transfer to a baking sheet that has been lined with paper towels and keep warm in a preheated 200 degree F oven.
NotesI love asparagus anyways, but leave it to Paula Deen to batter it up and fry it. Absolutely amazing with Lemon Herb Dipping Sauce!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Short & SweetSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More