- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lbs. Squid, small sized, cleaned
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 cup flour
- 12 oz can beer, "flat" is OK
- tsp each of salt and pepper
- Cut squid into 1" rings.
- Combine flour, eggs, beer, cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Dip squid rings in flour and egg batter.
- Deep fry in hot oil until brown and tender (1-2 minutes).
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper
- towel. Salt immediately.
- Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
- Serve rings with Spicy Marinara or Cocktail sauce for dipping.
- Important to have Fresh or Fresh Frozen small calamari and proper oil temperature (~ 350°) Test with just one or two rings to check if oil is hot enough but no too hot.
Food Travels Through Italy
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Get Cookin'See More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More