- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lbs. Squid, small sized, cleaned
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 cup flour
- 12 oz can beer, "flat" is OK
- tsp each of salt and pepper
- Cut squid into 1" rings.
- Combine flour, eggs, beer, cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Dip squid rings in flour and egg batter.
- Deep fry in hot oil until brown and tender (1-2 minutes).
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper
- towel. Salt immediately.
- Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
- Serve rings with Spicy Marinara or Cocktail sauce for dipping.
- Important to have Fresh or Fresh Frozen small calamari and proper oil temperature (~ 350°) Test with just one or two rings to check if oil is hot enough but no too hot.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More