- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lbs. Squid, small sized, cleaned
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 cup flour
- 12 oz can beer, "flat" is OK
- tsp each of salt and pepper
- Cut squid into 1" rings.
- Combine flour, eggs, beer, cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Dip squid rings in flour and egg batter.
- Deep fry in hot oil until brown and tender (1-2 minutes).
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper
- towel. Salt immediately.
- Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
- Serve rings with Spicy Marinara or Cocktail sauce for dipping.
- Important to have Fresh or Fresh Frozen small calamari and proper oil temperature (~ 350°) Test with just one or two rings to check if oil is hot enough but no too hot.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More