- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup McCormick Beer Batter Seafood Batter Mix
- 1 tablespoon OLD BAY Seasoning
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons beer or water
- 1 1/2 pounds cod fillets, cut into serving-size pieces
- Heat vegetable oil to 375°F in heavy saucepan or deep fryer (use enough oil for food to float but do not fill pan more than half full).
- Mix Batter Mix and Old Bay in shallow bowl. Add beer or water; stir until smooth.
- Dip fish into batter.
- Shake off excess.
- Fry fish, a few pieces at a time, 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown, turning once to brown evenly. Remove and drain on paper towels