- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 12 ounce bottle of beer (Any type works, but Guinness and Pumpkin Ale are great)
- 1 quart-sized zip-top bag
- 1 recipe card
- 1 paper lunch bag
- 1 blank sticker label
- decorative scissors
- 1 loaf pan
- To Assemble for Gift:
- Mix dry ingredients together in a quart-sized plastic zip-top bag. Use the decorative scissors to cut a nice edge along the top of the paper bag. Either draw or use your computer to create a sticker label for the bag, and affix to front. Put the bagged mix inside the paper bag and seal the top closed (you can use a sticker, ribbon, colored staples, etc.). Write baking instructions on the recipe card, and affix to bag. Nestle the bagged mix and the bottle of beer into a nice loaf pan, and it's ready for gift-giving!
- Baking Instructions:
- Mix the dry ingredients with the bottle of beer. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased loaf pan, gently smoothing to the top of the batter with a spatula or spoon.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 40-45 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More