- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 12 ounce bottle of beer (Any type works, but Guinness and Pumpkin Ale are great)
- 1 quart-sized zip-top bag
- 1 recipe card
- 1 paper lunch bag
- 1 blank sticker label
- decorative scissors
- 1 loaf pan
- To Assemble for Gift:
- Mix dry ingredients together in a quart-sized plastic zip-top bag. Use the decorative scissors to cut a nice edge along the top of the paper bag. Either draw or use your computer to create a sticker label for the bag, and affix to front. Put the bagged mix inside the paper bag and seal the top closed (you can use a sticker, ribbon, colored staples, etc.). Write baking instructions on the recipe card, and affix to bag. Nestle the bagged mix and the bottle of beer into a nice loaf pan, and it's ready for gift-giving!
- Baking Instructions:
- Mix the dry ingredients with the bottle of beer. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased loaf pan, gently smoothing to the top of the batter with a spatula or spoon.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 40-45 minutes.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More