- Cooking Time: 45 to 55 minutes
- Servings: 15
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
BackstoryI have been making this along time and do not remember where I got it from originally. I can mix it together in just a few minutes and everyone loves it. It is the easiest one to make of all I have seen.
- 3 cups self-rising flour.
- 1/4 cup of sugar.
- 1 can room temperature beer (12 once can or bottle of any kind of beer)
- Margarine or butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix the self-rising flour with the sugar and then add the room temperature beer. Will be sticky.
- Pour into the greased loaf pan.
- I then spray my hand with the non-stick spray and pat the loaf until somewhat smooth and I let the loaf rise while the oven is preheating.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately upon taking the loaf out of the oven grease the entire loaf (top,sides, and bottom) with margarine or butter untill it will not take any more.
- I then use my electric knife to slice it as it will be crumbly. With the electric knife you can cut it very easily and it will not fall apart.