- Cooking Time: 45 - 55
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can/bottle beer (room temp.)
- 2 TBS butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Lightly grease a 9x5 inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix the self-rising flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt. Pour in the beer, and mix just until moistened. Transfer to the prepared baking pan. Top with the melted margarine.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Notes(Note: If you don't have self-rising flour, you can make it by adding 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon of salt for every 1 cup of self-rising flour used.)
(use vegan versions):
use vegie oil margarine instead of butter
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Adventures in Cooking
Best of Eva's Family RecipesSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More