- Cooking Time: 45 - 55
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can/bottle beer (room temp.)
- 2 TBS butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Lightly grease a 9x5 inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix the self-rising flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt. Pour in the beer, and mix just until moistened. Transfer to the prepared baking pan. Top with the melted margarine.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Notes(Note: If you don't have self-rising flour, you can make it by adding 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon of salt for every 1 cup of self-rising flour used.)
(use vegan versions):
use vegie oil margarine instead of butter
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More