- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Chicken Seasoning , divided
- OR McCormick® Grill Mates® Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning , divided
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer
- Preheat gas grill to medium heat (325°F to 350°F)*. Remove giblets from chicken cavity. Rinse chicken inside and out; pat dry. Rub chicken with oil. Rub cavity with 1 tablespoon of the Chicken Seasoning. Sprinkle remaining Chicken Seasoning evenly over surface of chicken.
- Remove about 2 ounces beer and poke 2 holes in top of can. Hold chicken upright (legs pointing down) and insert opened beer can into cavity. Stand chicken in upright position in center of grill. Position legs to best support chicken (similar to a tripod). Close lid.
- Grill 55 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from can before serving.
- *For charcoal grill, use indirect medium heat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Cooking for a Cure
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More