- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Chicken Seasoning , divided
- OR McCormick® Grill Mates® Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning , divided
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer
- Preheat gas grill to medium heat (325°F to 350°F)*. Remove giblets from chicken cavity. Rinse chicken inside and out; pat dry. Rub chicken with oil. Rub cavity with 1 tablespoon of the Chicken Seasoning. Sprinkle remaining Chicken Seasoning evenly over surface of chicken.
- Remove about 2 ounces beer and poke 2 holes in top of can. Hold chicken upright (legs pointing down) and insert opened beer can into cavity. Stand chicken in upright position in center of grill. Position legs to best support chicken (similar to a tripod). Close lid.
- Grill 55 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from can before serving.
- *For charcoal grill, use indirect medium heat.
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Get Fit With Good Food!
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Teriyaki Salmon and Green Onion Kabobs
"Lightened Up" Carrot CakeSee More