BEER CHEESE IN A BREAD BOWL
- Servings: 20 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) pumpernickel bread
- 2 jars (5 ounces each) sharp American cheese spread
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
Cut top fourth off loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread; set aside.
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine cheese spread and cream cheese.
Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in beer. Microwave, uncovered, 20 seconds longer. Stir in bacon.
Fill bread shell with cheese dip. Serve with reserved bread cubes.