BEER CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE (CROCKPOT)
- Corn beef brisket, about 4-5 lbs.
- 4 bay leaves
- 5 peeled pieces of garlic
- 2 carrots, cut in half and sliced
- Unpeeled red potatoes, scrub washed and cut in half
- 1 cabbage cut in 8-wedges
- 1 can of beer
- 1/2 can (App. 7.5 oz.) of chicken broth
- 6 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
- Any seasoning pack that was packaged with meat is
- optional but suggested if you like it very spicy.
In a large Crock-Pot pour in beer and chicken broth,
stir in the cloves, peppercorn, seasoning pack, bay leaves and garlic
(smash garlic with flat side of butter knife). Place beef brisket in the center
of the pot then stuff the cut carrots and the cut cabbage on the sides and top.
Add as many cut potatoes as you desire depending on room left in pot.
Add enough water to fill crock-pot liquid level 1/3 of the way.
Cover and cook on low until brisket is tender and shreds, about 8-10 hours.
Serve immediately or place all in a regular pot and refrigerate.
If you do refrigerate, when ready to eat, heat on stovetop only until hot but
do not let it cook more or the meat will dry out. (Do same for leftovers).
Serve with a side of horseradish and a side of ketchup.
Note - I would advise you to add the cabbage last two or three hours of cooking