- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Corn beef brisket, about 4-5 lbs.
- 4 bay leaves
- 5 peeled pieces of garlic
- 2 carrots, cut in half and sliced
- Unpeeled red potatoes, scrub washed and cut in half
- 1 cabbage cut in 8-wedges
- 1 can of beer
- 1/2 can (App. 7.5 oz.) of chicken broth
- 6 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
- Any seasoning pack that was packaged with meat is
- optional but suggested if you like it very spicy.
- In a large Crock-Pot pour in beer and chicken broth,
- stir in the cloves, peppercorn, seasoning pack, bay leaves and garlic
- (smash garlic with flat side of butter knife). Place beef brisket in the center
- of the pot then stuff the cut carrots and the cut cabbage on the sides and top.
- Add as many cut potatoes as you desire depending on room left in pot.
- Add enough water to fill crock-pot liquid level 1/3 of the way.
- Cover and cook on low until brisket is tender and shreds, about 8-10 hours.
- Serve immediately or place all in a regular pot and refrigerate.
- If you do refrigerate, when ready to eat, heat on stovetop only until hot but
- do not let it cook more or the meat will dry out. (Do same for leftovers).
- Serve with a side of horseradish and a side of ketchup.
- Note - I would advise you to add the cabbage last two or three hours of cooking
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Christmas CookiesSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More