- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups unbleached flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12ounce) can or bottle beer (beer such as Budweiser is fine)
- Oil for greasing
- 1 1/2 cups ( 8 ounces) crumbled soft goat cheese (such as Montrachet)
- To make the crust, preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the beer and mix well.
- The dough will be sticky.
- Spread a handful of flour on your work surface and dump the dough onto it.
- Toss the dough around to coat it with the flour and prevent it from sticking.
- Knead it 2 or 3 times to make it pliable.
- Shape the dough into a ball, then divide it in two.
- Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Use a rolling pin to roll each ball into an 11 or 12 inch circle.
- Spread half the onion mixture onto each pizza. Sprinkle the crumbled goat cheese all over each pizza. I like to cook one pizza at a time, but you can cook the pizzas on 2 different oven racks and alternate them halfway through the cooking.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown on top or underneath.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More