- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups unbleached flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12ounce) can or bottle beer (beer such as Budweiser is fine)
- Oil for greasing
- 1 1/2 cups ( 8 ounces) crumbled soft goat cheese (such as Montrachet)
- To make the crust, preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the beer and mix well.
- The dough will be sticky.
- Spread a handful of flour on your work surface and dump the dough onto it.
- Toss the dough around to coat it with the flour and prevent it from sticking.
- Knead it 2 or 3 times to make it pliable.
- Shape the dough into a ball, then divide it in two.
- Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Use a rolling pin to roll each ball into an 11 or 12 inch circle.
- Spread half the onion mixture onto each pizza. Sprinkle the crumbled goat cheese all over each pizza. I like to cook one pizza at a time, but you can cook the pizzas on 2 different oven racks and alternate them halfway through the cooking.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown on top or underneath.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Special SmoothiesSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More