- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 each 3-4 pound whole chicken (rinsed and dried)
- 2 cups BBQ rub (http://www.bakespace.com/index.php?mode=listing&act=show&lst_id=5534)
- 4 each large russet potatoes washed and dried
- 4 each large fresh ears of sweet corn
- 1/4 lb. butter
- 1 each 12 oz. can beer
- 6 fl. oz. abble cidar vinegar
- Sprinkle some rub into the cavity of the chicken and rub it around.
- Rub the remaining rub on the skin of the chicken, covering the entire chicken. Allow to rest for around one hour...the rub will semi liquify (that's what you want).
- While the chicken is resting...light your BBQ...I prefer charcoal but gas will also do the job nicely...you want indirect heat here...when your BBQ is at around 350 degrees F., place the potatoes on the back of the grill. Let these cook for half an hour before you start the chicken.
- Place the chicken on the front of the grill, making sure not to place it over direct heat and let it cook for half an hour.
- While the chicken is cooking, shuck the corn, coat each ear with 2 T. butter and wrap in foil (or any way you like to grill your corn).
- Mix the beer and vinegar together.
- When the chicken has cooked for half an hour, mop it for the first time, then every 15 minutes until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F..
- The last 15 minutes of cooking, place the corn over direct heat and grill until done.
- Remove the chicken and let it rest for 15 minutes to allow the juices to re-distribute into the bird before cutting and serving.
NotesI was going to do a beer can chicken on my new BBQ...but there is a warming tray that will not allow a chicken to stand up...so I improvised...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More