- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 cups of vinegar
- 7 cups of water
- 5 cups of sugar
- whole mixed spiced (tied in a cheesecloth bag)
- salt to taste
- 6-7 1litre canning jars, sterilized.
- Pick the beets, cut the ends and wash them.
- Pack them into a canner and cook, approx. 30 minutes until tender.
- When cooked drain the water and immerse the beets in cold water.
- Peel the skins off the beats with your fingers. Rinse the beets and place in a large bowl.
- Cut the larger beets into smaller pieces.
- In a large pot bring the vinegar, water, sugar, salt and whole mixed spice bag to a boil.
- Once boiling take out the spice bag and add the beets and bring back up to a boil.
- Pour in hot jars and add lids and screw bands. Process in a hot water bath for 20 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More