- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 cups of vinegar
- 7 cups of water
- 5 cups of sugar
- whole mixed spiced (tied in a cheesecloth bag)
- salt to taste
- 6-7 1litre canning jars, sterilized.
- Pick the beets, cut the ends and wash them.
- Pack them into a canner and cook, approx. 30 minutes until tender.
- When cooked drain the water and immerse the beets in cold water.
- Peel the skins off the beats with your fingers. Rinse the beets and place in a large bowl.
- Cut the larger beets into smaller pieces.
- In a large pot bring the vinegar, water, sugar, salt and whole mixed spice bag to a boil.
- Once boiling take out the spice bag and add the beets and bring back up to a boil.
- Pour in hot jars and add lids and screw bands. Process in a hot water bath for 20 minutes.
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More