BEET ROOT SOUP SERVED WITH BAKED GORGONZOLA BREAD
- 2 onions
- 4 carrots in slices
- 1 fennel
- fresh cilantro
- 3 baked beet roots (peel and bake for ca 1 hour in an oven at 180°C)
- 2 deci litres (dl) Black Currant juice
- 2 litres chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Balsamico vinegar
- 1 pck creme fraiche mixed with
- a bit of freshly ground horseradish.
- some finely chopped rucola
Serve soup on plates, put a dollop of horseradish creme fraiche on each plate and decorate with chopped rucola.
Serve with sliced ciabatta bread with gorgonzola topping baked in the oven til cheese melts.
Also roasted walnuts with some herbs are a great condiments to the whole.