- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- large bowl of beets - 8 cups once peeled and cut
- 3-4 cups of chopped carrots
- 2-3 cups of chopped green beans
- 2-3 cups of peas
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh dill
- 2 large onions (roughly chopped)
- 2-3 tbsp of sugar
- 2-3 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2-3 small potatos
- salt & pepper
- To prepare beets: Leaving about 1 inch of stem on give beets a wash. Fill a large pot with the beets. If you have large and smaall beets, use 2 pots, one for each size. Cover beets with water and place on high to bring to a boil. Once it begins to boil turn heat to medium to continue cooking. Small beets take 15 minutes, larger ones take up to 30 minutes. You will know they are done when pierced with a fork. Strain beets and plunge into cold water. Taking a knife remove stem end, the skins will just slide off. Give a quick rinse under cool water and slice into a bowl or soup pot.
- To the soup pot add all the ingredients except for the peas and potatos. Cook over medium high heat for 25 minutes. Shred the potatos and add to the pot along with the peas. cook for about 10 more minutes.
- Serve with cream or sour cream.
- I freeze this in 4 litre containers.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Christmas Cherry Pie
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Mughlai Chicken BiryaniSee More