- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 russet potatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Butter a 1 quart casserole dish.
- Layer 1/2 of the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish.
- Top with the onion slices, and add the remaining potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Mix in the flour and salt, and stir constantly with a whisk for one minute.
- Stir in milk.
- Cook until mixture has thickened.
- Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted.
- Pour cheese over the potatoes, and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
The Naked MacaronSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More