- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 eggs, separated
- 100 g chocolate (chips or bar)
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave with a splash of water. Use chocolate as dark as you want, but anything above 50% tends to be too dark for American tastes.
- While the chocolate is melting, add a dash of salt to the egg whites and beat them with an electric mixer to stiff peaks.
- Add the egg yolks to the melted chocolate and mix it together.
- Using a non-metal spatula, slowly fold the the chocolate/yolk mixture into the whipped egg whites. Add only a little bit at a time.
- Mix until well combined. Put in the fridge for around 2 hours.
NotesI learned to make this when I was living in Belgium. My host mother taught me, and I translated the recipe to be able to pass on to others.
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knifeSee More
Ro-tel Rice Casserole
herby lamb chops with roast vegetablesSee More