- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 oz of Harvey’s Bristol Cream
- 1/2 oz of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 1 1/2 oz freashly squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 oz cranberry juice (I prefer it with cran-raspberry)
- 1 oz Sprite (I prefer 7-UP but most people drink Sprite)
- 1 oz club soda
- In a shaker, combine first 6 ingredients with ice and shake until the shaker is so cold your hand hurts!
- Pour into glasses filled with shaved ice (ok, I don’t really do that, just cubes but the official recipe, like the Julep calls for shaved) and garnish with a mint sprig (homage to the Julep I’m sure) and a lemon wedge.
- I’ve seen them garnished with a strawberry as well but I don’t want to take up too much room with garnishes!
- Kick back, get your bets in and tune in at about 6:15pm on Saturday.
- There’s a filly (Rags to Riches) running this year.
- A filly hasn’t won the Belmont since 1905.
NotesHere’s a drink recipe we’ve enjoyed in our household the 2nd Saturday of each June for about the past 7 or 8 years. In honor of Saturday’s 139th running of the Belmont Stakes, I give you the "Belmont Breeze". It’s the official drink of the race. I guess, being NY, we had to come up with a competitor to the Kentucky Derby’s "Mint Julep" and the Preakness Stakes "Black Eyed Susan". This one should have a better format as I’ve been being advised by my fellow Bakespacer and real life friend Alisa. Here goes:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The NourishFull Kitchen
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More