- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 oz of Harvey’s Bristol Cream
- 1/2 oz of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 1 1/2 oz freashly squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 oz cranberry juice (I prefer it with cran-raspberry)
- 1 oz Sprite (I prefer 7-UP but most people drink Sprite)
- 1 oz club soda
- In a shaker, combine first 6 ingredients with ice and shake until the shaker is so cold your hand hurts!
- Pour into glasses filled with shaved ice (ok, I don’t really do that, just cubes but the official recipe, like the Julep calls for shaved) and garnish with a mint sprig (homage to the Julep I’m sure) and a lemon wedge.
- I’ve seen them garnished with a strawberry as well but I don’t want to take up too much room with garnishes!
- Kick back, get your bets in and tune in at about 6:15pm on Saturday.
- There’s a filly (Rags to Riches) running this year.
- A filly hasn’t won the Belmont since 1905.
NotesHere’s a drink recipe we’ve enjoyed in our household the 2nd Saturday of each June for about the past 7 or 8 years. In honor of Saturday’s 139th running of the Belmont Stakes, I give you the "Belmont Breeze". It’s the official drink of the race. I guess, being NY, we had to come up with a competitor to the Kentucky Derby’s "Mint Julep" and the Preakness Stakes "Black Eyed Susan". This one should have a better format as I’ve been being advised by my fellow Bakespacer and real life friend Alisa. Here goes:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More