BELMONT BREEZE - TASTY AND REFRESHING!
Belmont Breeze - Tasty And Refreshing!
- 3/4 oz of Harvey’s Bristol Cream
- 1/2 oz of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 1 1/2 oz freashly squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 oz cranberry juice (I prefer it with cran-raspberry)
- 1 oz Sprite (I prefer 7-UP but most people drink Sprite)
- 1 oz club soda
In a shaker, combine first 6 ingredients with ice and shake until the shaker is so cold your hand hurts!
Pour into glasses filled with shaved ice (ok, I don’t really do that, just cubes but the official recipe, like the Julep calls for shaved) and garnish with a mint sprig (homage to the Julep I’m sure) and a lemon wedge.
I’ve seen them garnished with a strawberry as well but I don’t want to take up too much room with garnishes!
Kick back, get your bets in and tune in at about 6:15pm on Saturday.
There’s a filly (Rags to Riches) running this year.
A filly hasn’t won the Belmont since 1905.