- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 2-serving bag pre-cooked Trader Joes Black (aka Beluga) Lentils
- 1 bag instant jasmine rice
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups curry sauce
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Spicy curry powder, to taste
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
- 1. Begin cooking rice
- 2. While rice cooks, place lentils in a saucepan over low heat
- 3. In a non-stick skillet, sautee garlic and onion until onion becomes transparent; stir into lentils.
- 4. Add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of the curry sauce and depending on the spice level of your sauce, add red pepper and spicy curry powder to taste.
- 5. After lentil mix is hot and rice is cooked, divide rice into two servings and spoon lentil mix over top.
- 6. Sprinkle with raisins and crushed peanuts, and enjoy!
NotesThis was adapted from a main dish recipe that incorporates chicken and sweet potatoes as well. I needed it as a side dish to grilled black pepper chicken one night so I took a few things out here:
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More