- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 2-serving bag pre-cooked Trader Joes Black (aka Beluga) Lentils
- 1 bag instant jasmine rice
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups curry sauce
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Spicy curry powder, to taste
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
- 1. Begin cooking rice
- 2. While rice cooks, place lentils in a saucepan over low heat
- 3. In a non-stick skillet, sautee garlic and onion until onion becomes transparent; stir into lentils.
- 4. Add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of the curry sauce and depending on the spice level of your sauce, add red pepper and spicy curry powder to taste.
- 5. After lentil mix is hot and rice is cooked, divide rice into two servings and spoon lentil mix over top.
- 6. Sprinkle with raisins and crushed peanuts, and enjoy!
NotesThis was adapted from a main dish recipe that incorporates chicken and sweet potatoes as well. I needed it as a side dish to grilled black pepper chicken one night so I took a few things out here:
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More