- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
- In double boiler, melt chocolate and butter, stirring frequently. Whisk in cocoa powder until dissolved.
- Gradually stir in sugar; the mixture will resemble wet sand. Cook over simmering water for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Check water level of double boiler, adding more if necessary.
- Gradually stir in milk and cream. Continue stirring until completely blended. Continue cooking for 1 hour, stirring and checking water level occasionally. The sauce is ready when completely smooth and all sugar is dissolved.
- Yields 1 quart
NotesThis recipe is for the actual hot fudge sauce served in Ben & Jerry's ice cream shops, a scaled down recipe of course! It's absolutely decadent. It goes on smooth and thickens when it hits the frozen ice cream, just as a hot fudge sauce should.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
GAES PTO Recipes
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More