- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
- In double boiler, melt chocolate and butter, stirring frequently. Whisk in cocoa powder until dissolved.
- Gradually stir in sugar; the mixture will resemble wet sand. Cook over simmering water for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Check water level of double boiler, adding more if necessary.
- Gradually stir in milk and cream. Continue stirring until completely blended. Continue cooking for 1 hour, stirring and checking water level occasionally. The sauce is ready when completely smooth and all sugar is dissolved.
- Yields 1 quart
NotesThis recipe is for the actual hot fudge sauce served in Ben & Jerry's ice cream shops, a scaled down recipe of course! It's absolutely decadent. It goes on smooth and thickens when it hits the frozen ice cream, just as a hot fudge sauce should.
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Great Everyday Meals
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More