- Cooking Time: 15-17
- Preparation Time:
- 1 C butter
- 1/2 C sifted powder sugar
- 1 hard cooked egg yolk, sieved
- 1 raw egg yolk
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 1/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1 slightly beaten egg white
- 1/3 C sugar or 14 sugar cubes
- Beat butter for 30 seconds. Add powdered sugar and beat until fluffy . Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. Stir in flour. Cover and chill one hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Work with a small amount of dough at a time, keeping the rest chilled until needed. Using about one tablespoon of dough for each cookie, roll into six inch ropes. Shape each rope into a wreath. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 - 17 minutes or until golden. Cool about one minute before removing to a wire rack.
NotesThis is a classic butter cookie, a Norwegian recipe traditionally served at Christmas, hence the wreath shape.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More