- Cooking Time: 15-17
- Preparation Time:
- 1 C butter
- 1/2 C sifted powder sugar
- 1 hard cooked egg yolk, sieved
- 1 raw egg yolk
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 1/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1 slightly beaten egg white
- 1/3 C sugar or 14 sugar cubes
- Beat butter for 30 seconds. Add powdered sugar and beat until fluffy . Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. Stir in flour. Cover and chill one hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Work with a small amount of dough at a time, keeping the rest chilled until needed. Using about one tablespoon of dough for each cookie, roll into six inch ropes. Shape each rope into a wreath. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 - 17 minutes or until golden. Cool about one minute before removing to a wire rack.
NotesThis is a classic butter cookie, a Norwegian recipe traditionally served at Christmas, hence the wreath shape.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More