- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3- 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1b Chicken Tenders (cut into bite size pieces would be OK)
- 3 T Heinz 57 sauce
- 1/3 C Heinz 57 sauce
- Juice of 2 limes divided
- 2 t minced fresh ginger
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Marinate tenders in 3 T Heinz 57 sauce, juice of 1 lime, 1 t of the ginger, salt and pepper.
- I let mine sit in the fridge for about 4 hours, I assume it could go overnight.
- Mix the remaining ingredients into a sauce.
- Saute chicken tenders in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat until done.
- Remove pan from heat, add sauce to pan to coat chicken.
- I think at this point is where, if you wanted, you would add the toasted coconut, if desired.
- I served mine with some steamed broccoli and whole wheat spaghetti tossed with a Thai Basil pesto.
NotesMy mother used to make this some 15-20 years ago. Her version was printed on the side of the Heinz 57 bottle. I was unable to locate the original recipe anywhere, so I made up my own. I think the original recipe included toasted coconut, but I always made my Mom leave that off, so I have not included that in my recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
50 Shades of Taste
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More