- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3- 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1b Chicken Tenders (cut into bite size pieces would be OK)
- 3 T Heinz 57 sauce
- 1/3 C Heinz 57 sauce
- Juice of 2 limes divided
- 2 t minced fresh ginger
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Marinate tenders in 3 T Heinz 57 sauce, juice of 1 lime, 1 t of the ginger, salt and pepper.
- I let mine sit in the fridge for about 4 hours, I assume it could go overnight.
- Mix the remaining ingredients into a sauce.
- Saute chicken tenders in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat until done.
- Remove pan from heat, add sauce to pan to coat chicken.
- I think at this point is where, if you wanted, you would add the toasted coconut, if desired.
- I served mine with some steamed broccoli and whole wheat spaghetti tossed with a Thai Basil pesto.
NotesMy mother used to make this some 15-20 years ago. Her version was printed on the side of the Heinz 57 bottle. I was unable to locate the original recipe anywhere, so I made up my own. I think the original recipe included toasted coconut, but I always made my Mom leave that off, so I have not included that in my recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More