BERMUDA COD FISH CAKES
- 2 pounds Codfish (salted & boneless)
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- oil for frying
Soak codfish overnight in cold water.
In the morning change the water and boil the codfish with the potatoes, carrots and onions.
When the potatoes are soft (approx 20 minutes) drain well and put in large mixing bowl.
Mix well and add the parsley, thyme and curry powder.
The mixture needs to be fairly moist like that of mashed potatoes -a 1/3 cup or 1/2 cup measure is good for fish cakes.
Roll in flour and fry in oil until golden brown.