- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds Codfish (salted & boneless)
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- oil for frying
- Soak codfish overnight in cold water.
- In the morning change the water and boil the codfish with the potatoes, carrots and onions.
- When the potatoes are soft (approx 20 minutes) drain well and put in large mixing bowl.
- Mix well and add the parsley, thyme and curry powder.
- The mixture needs to be fairly moist like that of mashed potatoes -a 1/3 cup or 1/2 cup measure is good for fish cakes.
- Roll in flour and fry in oil until golden brown.
NotesWe ate these codfish cakes at a hotel we stayed at in Bermuda.They were the best cod fish cakes we tasted so asked the propieror for his recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More