- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 15
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 pkg.(8oz) cream cheese,softened
- 3 1/2 cups cold milk**
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 1/2 cups Cool-Whip, thawed
- 2 pints strawberries, washed,hulled
- and halved** (I use 3 to 5 bananas,
- 2 pkg.(4 serving size) Vanilla
- INSTANT Pudding OR use 1 pkg.
- (6 serving size) inst. and 2 1/2
- cups of cold milk
- CRUST: Combine crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and melted butter. Press in to the bottom of a 9x13 pan; chill for an hour or longer.
- FILLING: Beat cream cheese with 1/4 cup of sugar and 2 tablespoons milk until smooth.
- Fold in half of the Cool Whip.
- Spread over chilled crust.
- Arrange strawberries (in my case I use bananas)in even layer.
- Using 3 1/2 cups of the Cold Milk, prepare the Vanilla pudding as directed on the pkg.
- Pour over the berries.
- Spread remaining Cool Whip evenly over the Pudding.
- Chill several hours OR overnight. I usually chill over night; it seems to hold together and cut nicer when it's very chilled.
- Garnish with additional strawberries if desired.
NotesI make this dessert using Bananas instead of the Strawberries, but as you will see there are a few other variations to this dessert. This is my most requested Dessert to make from my family; especially my daughter. It's very good! ENJOY!
Note: For other combinations: Use bananas, 4 cups fresh sliced peaches, or 1 (20oz) can of crushed pineapple, drained
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
The Help Cookbook: Food and FriendshipSee More
Sauteed mushrooms with soybean pasteSee More