- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns , crushed
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups mixed berries such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries
- Mix vinegar, 1 tablespoon of the sugar and crushed peppercorns in medium saucepan on medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to boil and boil about 5 minutes until syrup is reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Transfer to small bowl; cover. Cool completely.
- Mix mascarpone cheese, cream, 2 tablespoons of the sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed. Beat on medium-high speed until thick and soft peaks form. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, mix berries and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl. Add cooled balsamic mixture; toss gently to coat well. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Divide berry mixture among 6 serving bowls. Spoon mascarpone topping over berries to serve