- Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries or blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.; spray a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, 1/4 cup of the walnuts, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In another bowl, or in a large measuring cup, mix together the milk, egg, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Distribute the sliced bananas evenly on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle two-thirds of the berries over the top of the bananas. Cover the fruit with the oatmeal mixture. Evenly pour the milk mixture over the oats, then tap the dish gently on the counter to distribute the liquid.
- Sprinkle the remaining walnuts and berries over the top of the oatmeal. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden and the mixture is set. Serve warm with a splash of milk, if desired.
NotesA great picture on Pinterest inspired my own version of this recipe. Full of fruit and studded with toasted walnuts, this baked oatmeal makes a wonderful treat for your guests, or a healthy breakfast for your family.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More