- Cooking Time: 45
- 1 cup uncooked oats, quick cooking or regular (not instant)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, or hazelnuts)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (cold)
- 3 cup fresh or frozen berries, such as wild strawberries, wild raspberries, wild blackberries, huckleberries or gooseberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar (or desired amount)
1 Mix oats, flour and brown sugar.
2 Add nuts.
3 Cut in butter or margarine until crumbly.
4 Grease or spray an 8-inch square pan.
5 Place 1/2 of crumb mixture on bottom.
6 Mix berries and white sugar and pour over crumb mixture.
7 Top with remaining crumb mixture.
8 Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
9 Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping.