- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For the salad
- 1-1/2 cups iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced into quarters
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Feta cheese
- For the vinaigrette
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- 1 cup lime juice, about 3 limes
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Chop lettuce. Wash blueberries and strawberries and slice whole strawberries into quarters.
- In a salad bowl or plate layer lettuce, blueberries, strawberries, feta cheese and drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Makes 1 salad
- Combine all of the ingredients except poppy seeds in blender and blend until smooth.
- Stir in poppy seeds.
- Makes 3 cups
NotesOk, so Wendy's Restaurants came out with a summer salad with fruit and chicken in the salad, served with raspberry vinaigrette and it was ok, not bad for a fast food salad, but I decided to make my own at home without the chicken and just fresh fruit! It was so good and refreshing! My family gave it 2 thumbs up!
I made a strawberry lime vinaigrette to drizzle on the salad which took this salad to the top!
Adventures in Cooking
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
The Social CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More