BERRY GOOD ICED TEA
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Makes 2 quarts.
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 3 family sized black tea bags
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add berries and simmer for 20 minutes on medium-high heat until berries have cooked thoroughly, whisking periodically.
- After the blackberries and raspberries have broken up and are mostly dissolved, carefully strain the berry mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a 2-quart container with 1 cup of ice at the bottom. It will be hot, so go slowly. Squish the blueberries as you strain the mixture to ensure that all of the juices have been extracted.
- In a microwave safe measuring cup, warm 1 and 1/2 cups of water for three minutes. Add the tea bags and let steep for approximately five minutes (you can do this while your berries are boiling if desired). Remove the tea bags, squeezing the excess water from each, before adding the agave nectar and stirring until dissolved.
- Pour the tea and agave mixture into the 2-quart container. Add more ice if desired and fill to the 2-quart line. Chill thoroughly before serving over ice.
NotesYes, it's true that you can find berry flavored black tea bags, but does the final result taste as fruity as it would if you used regular tea and real berries? Try out this recipe and you'll discover for yourself.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More