- Cooking Time: 20 - 25 mnutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box of Duncan Hines 100% Whole Grain Blueberry Streusel Muffin Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 can Berry Medley, Comstock Pie Filling & Topping
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of a beaten egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375' F. Line 12 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- For the filling, combine the cream cheese, 1 1/2 TB egg, sugar and vanilla. Mix with a spoon until mostly smooth. Lumps will happen. But if you use a mixer, all the filling will end up stuck on the beaters. Set the filling aside, but do not chill, while we get the muffins going.
- Follow the instructions on the back of the box. Easy stuff really...combine the stuff in the box with the eggs, water and oil....but being careful not to over stir. Lumps.....no worries. Rinse the can of blueberries that came in the box with the muffin mix and fold them into the batter
- Fill each muffin cup about 1/2 full with the batter, reserving the remainder of the batter. Then put a dollop (about a tablespoon) of pie filling in the middle
- Now get that filling that we set aside earlier and put a dollop on top of the berries. I think its about a tablespoons worth as well. Just eyeball it as you try to evenly divide the filling amongst all 12 muffins.
- Get the remainder of the batter and evenly divide it between the muffins to cover up the filling. If it's not perfect....don't stress. It'll all be fine in the end. I had a few that weren't completely covered with batter. Once you have distributed the remainder of the batter, top with the streusel that's provided in the box of muffin mix.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 20 - 23 minutes. Or until the tops are golden brown and the crumb mix is lightly brown. You can't do the toothpick test....the inside is just too darned gooey.
- Let it cool for about 5 - 10 minutes
NotesI grabbed a box of 100% Whole Grain Blueberry Streusel and the can of Limited Edition Berry Medley Pie Filling and went to work on a fun little combination. I just can't decide if these are for breakfast or dessert
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More