- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI thought it would be fun to make an adult sorbet...and this is what I came up with
- 1 cup of your favorite juice. I happened to use V8 Splash, Berry Blend (not a bad start...kinda on the healthy side, right?)
- 1 cup sugar (ya...blew that healthy streak right out of the water)
- 1 cup Champagne (I used a White Zinfandel variety cuz...well...it was pretty)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a sauce, over medium heat, combine the juice and the sugar. Stirring until the sugar completely dissolves. Remove from heat. Add the lemon juice and set in the fridge for about an hour, to chill completely.
- Make sure your champagne is chilling as well.
- Once chilled, mix it all together and pour into a metal dish. I used a cake pan. Worked great!. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer over night.
- Remove from the freezer and "shred" with a fork to "fluff up"
- Pat it down a little, cover with plastic wrap and freeze again for several hours or several days
- Garnish with berries if desired