- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups of spelt flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup agave nectar or honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 cup raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries (fresh or frozen is ok)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine ingredients in order listed.
- Mixture will be very soggy.
- Place in large spoonfuls (you should be able to make 8-9 spoonfuls) onto greased baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes.
NotesI got this recipe from Food and Wine, I think Sept 2006 issue. Hearty scones made with healthy spelt flour... I think it's low glycemic...good for diabetics... good for health nuts like me :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More