- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups of spelt flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup agave nectar or honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 cup raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries (fresh or frozen is ok)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine ingredients in order listed.
- Mixture will be very soggy.
- Place in large spoonfuls (you should be able to make 8-9 spoonfuls) onto greased baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes.
NotesI got this recipe from Food and Wine, I think Sept 2006 issue. Hearty scones made with healthy spelt flour... I think it's low glycemic...good for diabetics... good for health nuts like me :)
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More