- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 9
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heavy Whipping Cream, whipped, sweetened
- Heat oven to 400. Combine all ingredients except strawberries and whipped cream in small bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Spread into greased and floured 8 or 9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. Cut in squares.
- Serve with strawberries and whipped cream.
- Recipe Tip: Prepare cake ad directed. Cool completely. Cover with plastic food wrap to transport. Place strawberries and whipped cream in separate containers. Transport in cooler.
NotesThis strawberry shortcake is an easy summertime dessert.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Italy or Bust
Cooking for a CureSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More