- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 9
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heavy Whipping Cream, whipped, sweetened
- Heat oven to 400. Combine all ingredients except strawberries and whipped cream in small bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Spread into greased and floured 8 or 9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. Cut in squares.
- Serve with strawberries and whipped cream.
- Recipe Tip: Prepare cake ad directed. Cool completely. Cover with plastic food wrap to transport. Place strawberries and whipped cream in separate containers. Transport in cooler.
NotesThis strawberry shortcake is an easy summertime dessert.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More