- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 9
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heavy Whipping Cream, whipped, sweetened
- Heat oven to 400. Combine all ingredients except strawberries and whipped cream in small bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Spread into greased and floured 8 or 9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. Cut in squares.
- Serve with strawberries and whipped cream.
- Recipe Tip: Prepare cake ad directed. Cool completely. Cover with plastic food wrap to transport. Place strawberries and whipped cream in separate containers. Transport in cooler.
NotesThis strawberry shortcake is an easy summertime dessert.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More