- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 9
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryThis strawberry shortcake is an easy summertime dessert.
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heavy Whipping Cream, whipped, sweetened
- Heat oven to 400. Combine all ingredients except strawberries and whipped cream in small bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Spread into greased and floured 8 or 9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. Cut in squares.
- Serve with strawberries and whipped cream.
- Recipe Tip: Prepare cake ad directed. Cool completely. Cover with plastic food wrap to transport. Place strawberries and whipped cream in separate containers. Transport in cooler.