- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces Mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon orange peel, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mixed berries (i.e. blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease two standard 12-cup muffin tins or line them with paper or foil liners. (Hint: If you spray the top of the muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray, the muffins will release easy, even if they rise over the top edges of the muffin cups).
- Combine the flour, the baking powder, the baking soda and the salt in a medium bowl. Whisk to blend, Set aside.
- Combine the butter, the cream cheese and the mascaepone cheese in a large mixing bowl. Using a stand or a hand-held mixer beat until well combined. Beat in the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one-at-a-time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in the orange peel and the vanilla. Add the flour mixture and the buttermilk alternately, mixing until just combined. By hand, fold in the berries.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups 2/3 full with the batter. The number of muffins is dependent on the actual size of the muffin cups. Bake until the tops of the muffins are golden brown and a tester comes out clean, about 23 - 28 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and set on rack. Cool muffins, in pans, for 10 minutes. Remove muffins to rack and cool completely.
- Makes 18 - 24 muffins.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More