- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups mixed berries (i.e. raspberries, blackberries and/or blueberries), thawed if frozen
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. (325F. for dark pan). Line a 13 x 9 x 2-inch cake pan with aluminum foil so that foil extends, by at least, 2-inches on each short side. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk to blend; set aside.
- Combine butter and cream in a small microwave proof bowl. Microwave, on full power, in 20 second increments until butter is melted. Stir between cooking periods.
- Combine eggs and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until the mixture is thick and pale, about 4 - 5 minutes. Add 1/2 of flour mixture and 1/2 of butter mixture. Mix at low speed until just incorporated. Add remaining flour and butter mixtures. Beat at a medium speed for 1 minute. Gently, with a rubber spatula, fold berries into batter (batter will be very thick). Spoon batter into prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake, in center of oven, until top of cake is golden brown and a tester, inserted into the center of the cake, comes out clean–about 45 - 55 minutes. Remove cake from oven, set pan (with cake) on a rack to cool completely.
- Using foil extensions as aides transfer cake to a smooth dry surface. Cut into bars or squares of desired size. If desired, dust top of cake with powdered sugar.
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Chicken with Basil-Lemon-Garlic Oil, Parmesan, and Black Pepper
Blue Cheese Pull Apart Loaf
MINESTRONE SOUPSee More