- Cooking Time: 6
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time: 40
- 1 cup Land O'Lakes butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Combine 1 cup butter, sugar and egg in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add orange juice and 1 tablespoon vanilla; mix well. Reduce speed to low; add flour and baking powder. Beat until well mixed.
- Divide dough into thirds; wrap each in plastic food wrap. Refrigerate until firm (2 to 3 hours).
- Heat oven to 400º. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface, one-third at a time (keeping dough refrigerated), to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutters. Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 6 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely.
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup Land O Lakes butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Food Color, if desired
- Combine powdered sugar, 1/3 cup butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla in small bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often and adding enough milk for desired spreading consistency. Tint frosting with food color., if desired. Frost and decorate cooled cookies as desired.
NotesI found this in a little cookbook from Land O'Lakes. It is really good!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More