- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryI had tried marinara sauce recipe after marinara sauce recipe and was never satisfied. I finally came across this recipe http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Best-Marinara-Sauce-Yet/Detail.aspx made just a few changes and loved it.
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1. In a food processor place Italian tomatoes, tomato paste, chopped parsley, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat saute the finely chopped onion in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the blended tomato sauce and white wine.
- 3. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Job Creator Cowboy Beans
Chicken PosoleSee More