- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1. In a food processor place Italian tomatoes, tomato paste, chopped parsley, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat saute the finely chopped onion in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the blended tomato sauce and white wine.
- 3. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
NotesI had tried marinara sauce recipe after marinara sauce recipe and was never satisfied. I finally came across this recipe http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Best-Marinara-Sauce-Yet/Detail.aspx made just a few changes and loved it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More