- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1. In a food processor place Italian tomatoes, tomato paste, chopped parsley, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat saute the finely chopped onion in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the blended tomato sauce and white wine.
- 3. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
NotesI had tried marinara sauce recipe after marinara sauce recipe and was never satisfied. I finally came across this recipe http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Best-Marinara-Sauce-Yet/Detail.aspx made just a few changes and loved it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More