- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box of strawberry cake mix (plus ingrediants to prepare cake mix)
- 2 lbs strawberries
- 1 container of whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Slice strawberries into a bowl and mix with sugar. Put this into fridge so strawberries and the sugar have a chance to mingle and make a red syrup.
- Meanwhile prepare cake according to box (I use a 8" round cake pans but it doesn't really matter just remember this is a layered cake) and let cool.
- After cake has cooled slice into layers.
- Spoon just the syrup from the strawberries onto the cake layers. Letting it soak into the cake.
- Put the strawberries into a blender or food processor and add 3/4- whole tub of whipped cream. Blend until strawberries and whipped cream are well blended. (Will look like a thick smoothie!)
- Frost the layers and top of cake with the blended strawberry and whipped cream mixture. Garnish with fresh strawberries.
- Let this rest in the fridge before serving.
NotesThis doctored cake mix is to die for. It taste just like a strawberry shortcake!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Italy or BustSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More