- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis doctored cake mix is to die for. It taste just like a strawberry shortcake!!
- 1 box of strawberry cake mix (plus ingrediants to prepare cake mix)
- 2 lbs strawberries
- 1 container of whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Slice strawberries into a bowl and mix with sugar. Put this into fridge so strawberries and the sugar have a chance to mingle and make a red syrup.
- Meanwhile prepare cake according to box (I use a 8" round cake pans but it doesn't really matter just remember this is a layered cake) and let cool.
- After cake has cooled slice into layers.
- Spoon just the syrup from the strawberries onto the cake layers. Letting it soak into the cake.
- Put the strawberries into a blender or food processor and add 3/4- whole tub of whipped cream. Blend until strawberries and whipped cream are well blended. (Will look like a thick smoothie!)
- Frost the layers and top of cake with the blended strawberry and whipped cream mixture. Garnish with fresh strawberries.
- Let this rest in the fridge before serving.
Castello Cheese: Unlock Your Inner Chef (Inspired by Burnt, the Film)
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
BROWNIE CUPCAKES WITH PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
Chocolate Chia Protein-Pudding
Bagel PizzaSee More