- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box of strawberry cake mix (plus ingrediants to prepare cake mix)
- 2 lbs strawberries
- 1 container of whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Slice strawberries into a bowl and mix with sugar. Put this into fridge so strawberries and the sugar have a chance to mingle and make a red syrup.
- Meanwhile prepare cake according to box (I use a 8" round cake pans but it doesn't really matter just remember this is a layered cake) and let cool.
- After cake has cooled slice into layers.
- Spoon just the syrup from the strawberries onto the cake layers. Letting it soak into the cake.
- Put the strawberries into a blender or food processor and add 3/4- whole tub of whipped cream. Blend until strawberries and whipped cream are well blended. (Will look like a thick smoothie!)
- Frost the layers and top of cake with the blended strawberry and whipped cream mixture. Garnish with fresh strawberries.
- Let this rest in the fridge before serving.
NotesThis doctored cake mix is to die for. It taste just like a strawberry shortcake!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More