- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 sticks butter softened (Plugra makes this dough sinfully good)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In large mixing bowl, beat the butter until light, add sugar and beat again until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Beat in dry ingredients.
- Chill until firm before rolling, slicing etc.
- Bake 350 until the edges are just barely browned.
- Dough can be frozen 1 month.
NotesThis is a great basic cookie dough to use when you want to make lots a cookies for a bake sale, or for gift baskets at the holidays. This one dough can be used to make Almond Spice Drops, Zested Lemon Cookies, Double Chocolate Cookies, and Nut Tassies (see my other recipes). As is, it's great for cutting and dipping in chocolate or glazing with lemon glaze.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More