- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 15
- 10 baby red, blue or purple skinned potatoes, with skins
- 3 yukon gold potatoes halved, with skins
- 2 parsnips, cut to similar size as baby carrots
- 2C whole baby carrots, peeled
- 8 whole shallots, peeled
- 1C chipolini or pearl onions
- 2T balsamic vinegar
- 1T olive oil
- black pepper, freshly cracked
- fresh or dried thyme leaves
- large shallow baking sheet
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut or fold parchment paper to easily fit the bottom of the baking sheet. Combine prepared root vegetables in bowl and set aside. Whisk the olive oil with the balsamic vinegar and combine with vegetables. Toss in the pepper and thyme. Spread mixture onto prepared baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes.
NotesThis is one of my favorite side dishes during fall and winter. Vary the root vegetables in this dish according to your preference. Once baked, the clean-up is easy thanks to one of my favorite baking aids, parchment paper.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More