- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. mashed bananas (about 2)
- 4 T. sour milk (I add a capful of lemon juice, can also use vinegar)
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, bananas, milk, lemon juice, and mix well.
- Stir in flour, salt, baking soda.
- Put into loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
NotesThis is the BEST banana bread! It is my grandma's recipe. I think of her every time I make it! Grandma always added 1 c. of chopped nuts, some chocolate chips, and cut up marachino cherries, but my family doesn't care for it that way.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More