- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. mashed bananas (about 2)
- 4 T. sour milk (I add a capful of lemon juice, can also use vinegar)
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, bananas, milk, lemon juice, and mix well.
- Stir in flour, salt, baking soda.
- Put into loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
NotesThis is the BEST banana bread! It is my grandma's recipe. I think of her every time I make it! Grandma always added 1 c. of chopped nuts, some chocolate chips, and cut up marachino cherries, but my family doesn't care for it that way.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More