- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3 dozen 3 inch cookies
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 3/4 cups all- purpose flour
- 1 package chocolate chips or 8 0z. coarsley chopped cocolate
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1. preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. beat butter and sugars with electric mixer for two minutes or until fluffy and several shades lighter in color
- 3. beat in eggs, vanila, and baking soda for 1 minute
- 4. mix in flour until blended. Stir in chocolate and nuts.
- 5. drop dough by 2 tablespoon scoops onto baking sheet.
- 6. bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are lightly brown.
- 7. cool for 1 minute and then transfer to cooling rack for complete cooling
NotesFor flatter, crispier cookies, add 2 tablespoons water to the butter mixture.
Substitute peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, or half chocolate chips too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More