- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups all bran cereal
- 2 cups quaker bran
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup margarine or butter
- 4 eggs
- 5 tsp. baking soda
- 5 cups flour
- 1 cup raisins
- Mix the first four ingredients together. Then add buttermilk and let cool.
- In another bowl cream sugar and margarine or butter.
- Add eggs and cream together.
- In another bowl mix the baking soda and flour together.
- Then mix the flour mixture alternately into the first mixture.
- Add raisins.
- Put into greased muffin tins or muffin papers and bake in pre-heated 400 F. oven for 20 minutes.
- This bater will keep for 2 weeks in frig.
- It freezes well in the muffin papers.
- Place muffin tray with muffin mixture in freezer, when frozen place in zip lock bag.
- Then you can bake how many you would like.
NotesI received this recipe about 30 years ago....it makes a very large bowl. I now make this and freeze them in the paper cups and then bake as I wish to eat them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More