BEST BROCCOLI FRITTATA
Best Broccoli Frittata
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 bunch (about 6 ounces) broccolini, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped jarred roasted red pepper, drained
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/4 cups Eggology egg whites
- 1/4 cup fat-free ricotta
- 2 tablespoons fat-free skim milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped shallot and broccoli and cook, stirring frequently, 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in roasted red pepper and water. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 2 minutes.
Whisk together Eggology egg whites, ricotta and milk. Stir in minced basil. Season lightly with salt and generously with pepper.
Spread broccolini mixture evenly in skillet. Pour egg white mixture over broccoli. Cover and cook 6 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with cheeses, cover and cook 2 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Cut into wedges.